Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"invisible to the eye" -Vancouver, WA Family Photographer

"Here is my secret. It is very simple: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." -- "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I am pretty sure my heart grows three sizes, just like the Grinch, each time I spend time with adorable families taking pictures. I get excited and bubbly and I talk way too fast and too much. A tremendous rush of creative adrenaline comes over me which needs to come out somehow.
I get a chance to hang out with the best people in the world and get to make photos and create art. For this I am thankful. But when all is said in done, it is not about the photographs. It is about life and living it and sharing it with others. 
I like to read my horoscope, just to see what it has to say. Sometimes it doesn't come close to describing life as I know it. Today I think it held some truth. It read, "Somehow you manage to put other people's interests before your own without selling yourself short or making yourself small." I don't know about the first line, but it is the second line that got me. "You just love people, and serving others is as natural to you as breathing air." Wow. That's me.

Now for the sneak peek of the little Prince I got to hang out with. Thanks for putting up with my fast talking so my heart could learn a little more about you.







3 comments:

Seth and Amy said...

Love them all, Kim. Thanks for capturing such a great moment in our lives!

Amy P. said...

Those are wonderful!!! This little family is super cute!

Dawn said...

Lovely!